- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon table salt
- 2 sticks butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 24 whole strawberries, hulled + more for garnishing *
- 1-2 cups Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350. Line muffin tin with 24 standard cupcake liners.
- In a mixer, whip together butter, sugar, yogurt, eggs, and vanilla with paddle attachment. Beat until smooth.
- Gradually add in baking powder, salt and flour. Mix well.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared liners (about 2/3 full).
- Using a sandwich bag, pipe Nutella through small hole in bag onto cupcakes. Using a toothpick, swirl and fold Nutella into batter.
- Press one strawberry, pointy-side down, into the center of each cupcake.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cupcake tops are pale gold and springy.
- Place cupcakes on wire rack to cool.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup mashed banana, about 2 large bananas
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice**
- Dash of salt
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar (find right piping consistency)
- In a mixer, whip together butter until fluffy.
- In small bowl, mash bananas. Add lemon juice and salt. Mix until combined.
- Gradually incorporate powdered sugar and banana mixture with the butter in mixer, scraping down sides. Mix until combined.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes. Add strawberry garnish.
* to help the garnish strawberries last a little longer, melt together 1 tablespoon strawberry jam and 1 tablespoon water, mix well. Brush over berry.
** lemon juice helps the banana not brown as fast.