2. Collar and leash: Currently Zoey hates both of these, it will take time to get used to.
3. Chew toys: We got a lot of chew toys because there are so many different types.
- Nylabone Rino Puppy Teethe n’ Tug Chew Toy: Deuce our roommate’s dog got to this toy first and the rope is torn in two. Zoey likes the teethe part in the middle and wants to play with the rope but I won’t let her.
- Nylabone Puppy Teething Rings Chew Toy: She really likes this one. She likes to walk around carrying this in her mouth.
- Nylabone Puppy Chew Toy Starter Kit: By far her favorite so far. These chew bones are flavored and she loves chewing on them!
- Nylabone Puppy Double Action Chew Toy, Regular: This toy is a little big for her right now. I will take it out for her in a couple of weeks.
- Baby Kong: Got to love a Kong. This one is made out of a softer material so it doesn’t hurt the puppies teeth. Put a little peanut butter in this and she is entertained for awhile.
- Touch (heat): Pet Stages Puppy Cuddle Pal
- Sound: Pet Stages Calming Heartbeat Pillow for Pets
- Smell: Stuffed toy rubbed on littermates or old used blanket with littermate smell
6. Dog Waste Bag Dispenser: I got the really cute one from Petego with Polka Dots. The is the best idea ever if
you take your dog on lots of walks and field trips. We have used these while doggy sitting for people. Don’t
forget the refill bags (when you buy in bulk they are $0.02 per bag).
7. Food and water dish: We have heard stainless steel is the way to go to prevent germs.
8. Housebreaking pads: Have not used them yet but plan to when we leave her along while at work. After
reading reviews Wee-Wee brand seems to be the best for the cost. Some of the cheaper ones have horrible
9. Doggy Gate: We will be blocking Zoey into the kitchen when we are gone. We have the gate installed and
seems to work great so far. I know she is going to out grew the gate at some point because her breed can
jump really high. It will work for now.
10. Clicker: For clicker training. She loves the clicker… she knows after the click comes a treat. The clicker
works great so far.
11. Stuffed toys: The pick pony toy is one of her favorites. She loves pouncing at it.
12. Ball: This JW Pet Hol-ee Roller ball is great for puppies. Having a tiny mouth Zoey is still able to carry this
ball around. For added fun I put treats inside the ball for her to get out.
13. Food: Try to stick with the food it was no before coming home. It will make there little tummy happier. We
bought the wrong food but her tummy seems to be doing okay so far.
14. Treats: Make sure they are in the same family as the food. We are using IAM’s all-natural food so we are
sticking with an all-natural treat. We all have little raw hides for her to chew on (sent home with us).
15. Blankets: Cheap blanks of the cage and holding the puppy. Get lots so you can wash them if they get peed
16. Doggy Bed: I just made a fleece tie blanket for the bed. We will get her a real bed after she is through the
17. Potty training door bell: Starting to train with this bell so she has a way to let us know she needs out.